Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was seriously injured in a collision on the A47 at Costessey on Saturday.
A 20-year-old man was struck by a red Peugeot 308 at 2pm on the slip road from Longwater, suffering "life-changing and life-threatening injuries."
The man was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by air ambulance.
The road remained closed until 6pm Saturday while investigations were carried out.
Norfolk police would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision, or who have seen the pedestrian at the roadside.
Anyone with any information regarding the driving of the red Peugeot should also contact the police. They are particularly keen to hear from people with dashcam footage of the incident.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact PC Stuart Locke at Wymondham Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101 quoting incident number 248 of 18 September 2021.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon