Dale Smith from Wisbech charged with causing death by dangerous driving after fatal crash on B1040 at Whittlesey
A man has been charged with causing a fatal crash in Cambridgeshire.
A black Audi S3 and a green Nissan Primera were involved in the head-on collision, which happened on the B1040 Ramsey Road at Whittlesey, in the early hours of Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
Mark Collin, 51, of Stonald Avenue, Whittlesey, died at the scene
Dale Smith, 30, of Front Road, Murrow, Wisbech, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death whilst driving a vehicle otherwise than in accordance with his driving licence.
He has also been charged with aggravated vehicle taking, burglary (non-dwelling) and handling stolen property.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on Monday, April 30 to enter his plea.
The burglary (non-dwelling) and aggravated vehicle taking incidents took place in Lincolnshire.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 3 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 4 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village