Dale Smith from Wisbech charged with causing death by dangerous driving after fatal crash on B1040 at Whittlesey
A man has been charged with causing a fatal crash in Cambridgeshire.
A black Audi S3 and a green Nissan Primera were involved in the head-on collision, which happened on the B1040 Ramsey Road at Whittlesey, in the early hours of Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
Mark Collin, 51, of Stonald Avenue, Whittlesey, died at the scene
Dale Smith, 30, of Front Road, Murrow, Wisbech, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death whilst driving a vehicle otherwise than in accordance with his driving licence.
He has also been charged with aggravated vehicle taking, burglary (non-dwelling) and handling stolen property.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on Monday, April 30 to enter his plea.
The burglary (non-dwelling) and aggravated vehicle taking incidents took place in Lincolnshire.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling