Prisoner who assaulted prison officer is jailed
A prisoner at Wayland jail who launched an unprovoked attack on a prison officer has been jailed for 16 months.
John Morgans, prosecuting at Norwich Crown Court, said prisoner Thomas Radley, 24, punched the officer in the face causing soreness to his jaw
He said: 'He has no idea at all as to why he was subjected to this unprovoked assault.'
Mr Morgans said when Radley's cell was searched an improvised weapon was found, which Radley said was for his own protection.
You may also want to watch:
Radley, who appeared via video link from Norwich prison, admitted assaulting a prison officer in the execution of his duty and having an improvised weapon, a metal spike.
Edward Hannah, for Radley, said he suffered from post traumatic stress disorder and at the time had an overwhelming desire to leave his cell.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries