Watch out for ‘tree services’ cold caller, say watchdogs
- Credit: Evening News © 2007
People have been warned to watch out for a suspected rogue trader knocking on doors of Norfolk homes and peddling ‘tree services’.
Officers at Norfolk Trading Standards, based at Norfolk County Council, urged people to watch out after reports of the cold caller in the Hellesdon area.
A man, with a white dropside van, was seen going door to door offering to trim or lop trees.
Trading Standards officers said: “Our advice is never deal with anyone who cold calls at your property offering to undertake work on or around your property.
“When looking to have work done only deal with reputable companies you have researched and chosen yourself.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Norfolk Trusted Trader directory contains traders you can trust, with feedback from their customers at www.norfolk.gov.uk/trustedtrader.
Cold callers can be reported to the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named