Watch out for ‘tree services’ cold caller, say watchdogs
- Credit: Evening News © 2007
People have been warned to watch out for a suspected rogue trader knocking on doors of Norfolk homes and peddling ‘tree services’.
Officers at Norfolk Trading Standards, based at Norfolk County Council, urged people to watch out after reports of the cold caller in the Hellesdon area.
A man, with a white dropside van, was seen going door to door offering to trim or lop trees.
Trading Standards officers said: “Our advice is never deal with anyone who cold calls at your property offering to undertake work on or around your property.
“When looking to have work done only deal with reputable companies you have researched and chosen yourself.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Norfolk Trusted Trader directory contains traders you can trust, with feedback from their customers at www.norfolk.gov.uk/trustedtrader.
Cold callers can be reported to the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week