Warning over scam PPI and home insulation phone calls
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
People in Norfolk have been warned not to fall for phone calls from people offering a ‘refund for PPI charges’ or loft insulation checks.
It comes after a Norfolk person received a call where the caller claimed they required personal details in order to initiate a refund for PPI.
They ended the call and reported it through the Citizens Advice consumer helpline.
In another incident a Norfolk householder received a cold call from someone claiming to be ‘the local representative for loft insulation’. They attempted to gather personal information including home ownership status.
Norfolk Trading Standards urged people to be very wary of claims made during telephone cold calls and never agree to buy items, services or to an unknown person visiting your home during one.
You may also want to watch:
“Also be especially wary of claims, however received, that you are due money for a refund or prize win which you have to pay to access. This is often a clear hallmark of a scam,” they added.
People can report via the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on freephone 0808 223 1133.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover