Video: JCB used to try and steal cash machine from Taverham supermarket
Police have today launched an investigation after raiders used a JCB to try and rip a cash machine from the wall of a supermarket in Taverham, near Norwich.
Officers are carrying out inquiries at the Tesco Express store on Fakenham Road, Taverham, where the digger-like machine, believed to have been stolen nearby, was used to try and remove the ATM machine from the wall at about 1.15am.
The offenders fled the scene in two vehicles, heading down the A1067 out of Norwich towards Attlebridge.
It is not clear yet whether anything has been stolen.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information regarding should contact Norfolk CID officers on 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 2 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 5 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 6 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 7 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash