Video: Fugitive’s links with Norfolk have emerged
- Credit: Archant
A man being hunted by police after a string of burglaries across East Anglia – and apparently deliberately ramming officers' vehicles – had been charged with break-ins in Poringland and near Bungay, it has emerged.
Dramatic video footage of the vehicles being smashed into was released last week as detectives launched an appeal to find Luke Wall, who is wanted in connection with a string of house burglaries, in which cars and other valuables worth more than £500,000 have been taken.
Norfolk police said Wall had been arrested in June and charged with conspiracy to steal between March 20, 2014 and April 25, 2014, in Suffolk, Norfolk and Kent.
The charges relate to 15 burglaries in Suffolk, two in Norfolk – one in Poringland and one close to the county border near Bungay – and three in Kent.
A spokesman for Essex Police said the vehicles in the ramming incidents are believed to have been used by Wall, 23, who is missing after breaching crown court bail conditions.
You may also want to watch:
He is known to be travelling with his partner, Teresa Connors, 20 – also wanted for breaching court bail conditions for burglary offences.
Wall, whose last known address was at Stanford-le-Hope, Essex, is now thought to be travelling in East Anglia and is suspected of committing further burglaries.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk
The CCTV footage shows a marked police motorcycle being rammed, injuring the officer, on the M11 in Cambridgeshire at 3.05pm on June 9.
And in London Colney, at Junction 22 of the M25, a marked police car is shown being rammed at 12.30am on June 12, narrowly missing an officer.
The spokesman said Wall was released on strict bail conditions at Ipswich Crown Court on July 29 after being charged with conspiracy to burgle, but he failed to comply with his bail conditions and removed his electronic monitoring tag.
Connors is in breach of bail conditions imposed at Maidstone Crown Court on July 28 for an offence of burglary and theft in Kent.
Det Chief Insp Paul Maleary of Essex Police said: 'Extensive inquiries have been carried out across the UK but Wall and Connors appear to be always on the move. However, we believe they are currently somewhere in East Anglia.'
Anyone who sees Wall and Connors should call 999 immediately. Anyone with information about the couple should contact Essex Police on 101 and ask for officers at Grays CID, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Do you have a crime story? Email email@example.com