Sutton Bridge man in court for drug driving
A 25-year-old man has admitted four counts of drug driving.
Tyler James of Ann Road, Sutton Bridge, tested positive for cannabis and cocaine when he was pulled over by police in King's Lynn on August 8.
Lynn magistrates heard officers could smell cannabis coming from his Vauxhall Corsa through the air vents in their own vehicle.
Stacey Cossey, prosecuting, said James also tested positive for both cocaine and cannabis when police stopped him in Sutton Bridge on September 25.
In mitigation Ruth Johnson, for James, said he had been going through 'an extraordinarily difficult time'.
You may also want to watch:
She said her client, a former team leader with pub chain Wetherspoon, had been unable to work for the last year because of depression and anxiety.
Miss Johnson added when medication did not work, he had chosen to 'self medicate' with cannabis.
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
JPs adjourned sentencing until February 8 for reports.