Sutton Bridge man in court for drug driving
A 25-year-old man has admitted four counts of drug driving.
Tyler James of Ann Road, Sutton Bridge, tested positive for cannabis and cocaine when he was pulled over by police in King's Lynn on August 8.
Lynn magistrates heard officers could smell cannabis coming from his Vauxhall Corsa through the air vents in their own vehicle.
Stacey Cossey, prosecuting, said James also tested positive for both cocaine and cannabis when police stopped him in Sutton Bridge on September 25.
In mitigation Ruth Johnson, for James, said he had been going through 'an extraordinarily difficult time'.
You may also want to watch:
She said her client, a former team leader with pub chain Wetherspoon, had been unable to work for the last year because of depression and anxiety.
Miss Johnson added when medication did not work, he had chosen to 'self medicate' with cannabis.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
JPs adjourned sentencing until February 8 for reports.