Two men charged following alleged assault on bus driver
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Two men have been charged following an alleged assault in Norwich.
Officers were called to St Andrews Street in the city centre at approximately 1.25pm on Saturday, November 7 following reports a bus driver had been assaulted.
Upon arriving at the scene a police officer was assaulted and colleagues tasered one of the men to resolve the situation safely.
Following the incident two men have been charged.
Jack Childs, 19, of Cadogan Road in Cromer, has been charged with threatening behaviour, common assault, intentionally encouraging an offence and possession of a Class C drug.
You may also want to watch:
And, Craig Callister, 29, of Little Bull Close in Norwich, has been charged with assaulting an emergency worker.
Both men have been released on police bail and are due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday December 14 2020.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers