Arrests made following police pursuit
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman have been arrested in connection with drug offences in Lowestoft.
A 28-year-old man was arrested after a vehicle failed to stop for police and a subsequent pursuit took place on Tuesday, March 10.
A police spokesman said: 'At approximately 5pm, officers saw a blue Ford Focus vehicle being driven in suspicious circumstances.
'The vehicle failed to stop initially but following a brief pursuit it stopped on Minden Road in the town.'
The man was subsequently arrested at the scene on suspicion of dangerous driving, on suspicion of failing to stop when requested to do so, on suspicion of being concerned in supplying controlled drugs and on suspicion of failing a roadside drug test.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
The police spokesman added: 'Following a search of his property, a woman, aged 25, was also arrested on suspicion of being concerned in supplying controlled drugs and on suspicion of possession of class B or C drugs.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 10 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
'She was also taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning where she remains.'
Information to Lowestoft police, quoting crime reference 37/15096/20, on 101.