Arrests made following police pursuit
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman have been arrested in connection with drug offences in Lowestoft.
A 28-year-old man was arrested after a vehicle failed to stop for police and a subsequent pursuit took place on Tuesday, March 10.
A police spokesman said: 'At approximately 5pm, officers saw a blue Ford Focus vehicle being driven in suspicious circumstances.
'The vehicle failed to stop initially but following a brief pursuit it stopped on Minden Road in the town.'
The man was subsequently arrested at the scene on suspicion of dangerous driving, on suspicion of failing to stop when requested to do so, on suspicion of being concerned in supplying controlled drugs and on suspicion of failing a roadside drug test.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
The police spokesman added: 'Following a search of his property, a woman, aged 25, was also arrested on suspicion of being concerned in supplying controlled drugs and on suspicion of possession of class B or C drugs.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
'She was also taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning where she remains.'
Information to Lowestoft police, quoting crime reference 37/15096/20, on 101.