Two arrested for driving under the influence of cocaine and cannabis
- Credit: Archant
Two drivers were arrested for drug driving in two separate incidents.
In Thetford on Sunday, one driver who had evaded police earlier in the week was pulled over and arrested for driving while under the influence of cannabis and cocaine.
He was also arrested for possession of cannabis, disqualified driving, and for having no insurance. The car, cash, and an amount of cannabis was also seized, said Breckland Police.
On Twitter, the officers said: 'PC 747 and 1132 had this vehicle make off from them a few nights ago in Thetford. Occupants searched and cannabis, cash and driver's car were seized.'
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team also arrested a driver for drug driving in Brandon, also on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said on Twitter: 'The driver was found to have no licence and the vehicle was seized. He then provided a positive drug wipe for cannabis and has been arrested.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market