Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- Credit: South Norfolk Police
Two people have been arrested following a targeted police patrol in south Norfolk.
As part of Operation Moonshot, Norfolk police carried out patrols where the community had raised concerns in and around Poringland.
Thirteen vehicles were stopped, all of interest to the police, and two drivers were searched for drugs.
One driver was arrested for speeding and drug driving and the other for the theft of a motor vehicle.
Operation Moonshot and South Norfolk District Council Licensing team carried out the patrols on Wednesday, October 6.
In a statement on Facebook South Norfolk Police said: "The Chief Inspector for Broadland and South Norfolk, Kris Barnard, was very satisfied with the results and is planning future events across both districts in the near future."
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'