Two people charged after class A drugs and blade found
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been charged after a large sum of drugs and a blade was found.
They were stopped in Norwich on Tuesday, January 22 and found to be carrying a large sum of class A drugs and a double bladed lock knife.
They were taken into custody and have been charged with class A drug offences and possession of a blade.
On Twitter Norwich Police said: 'Two arrested for one positive @DrugWipeUK, class A drug offences and possession of a double bladed lock knife have been charged and remanded in custody. #KnifeFree #OpGravity #OpMoonshotCity #Disrupt #Protect #PC1512 #PC1716.'
Operation Moonshot was launched in West Norfolk in April 2016 as a six-month pilot. It proved to be a success and has since been rolled out across the county.
You may also want to watch:
Operation Gravity was launched the same year and looks to disrupt the supply of drugs from outside Norfolk.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 7 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk