Trial of man accused of raping, assaulting and threatening to kill woman due to start
- Credit: Archant
A man is today due to go on trial accused of a series of offences against a woman, including rape, assaults and making threats to kill her.
Nathan Atkins, 28, is accused of two counts of rape against the woman - who cannot be named for legal reasons - on February 15.
Atkins, of Ber Street, Norwich, is also accused of threatening to kill the woman on May 10.
He has also been charged with unlawful wounding, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, two counts of assault by beating and a further offence of controlling and coercive behaviour.
These offences are all said to have happened between 2017 and 2019.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, September 12, Atkins appeared at Norwich Crown Court, denying all eight charges.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home