Man accused of raping and threatening to kill woman to go on trial
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man accused of a series of offences against a woman, including rape, assaults and making a threat to kill her, is due to open today after a jury was sworn in.
Nathan Atkins, 28, is accused of two counts of rape against the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
Atkins, of Ber Street, Norwich, is also accused of threatening to kill the woman on May 10.
He has also been charged with unlawful wounding, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, two counts of assault by beating and a further offence of controlling and coercive behaviour. He has denied all the charges.
A jury of seven men and five women were sworn in on Monday (November 4) for the case which is expected to last about four to five days.
You may also want to watch:
Christopher Wing, prosecuting, will open the case for the prosecution before the jury this morning.
Jude Durr will appear for Atkins.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder