Woman to stand trial in Norwich accused of the murder of her husband
- Credit: Archant
A woman will go on trial next month accused of the murder of her husband in Wymondham.
Kumarathas Rajasingam, 57, was found at a property in Burdock Close in the town on Saturday, March 16 with serious wounds to his head and chest.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment but died the following morning.
A Home Office post-mortem examination determined that the likely cause of death was multiple organ failure arising from stab wounds.
Jeyamalar Kumarathas, 54, of Burdock Close, Wymondham, has denied the murder of her husband.
You may also want to watch:
She appeared in custody at Norwich Crown Court on Thursday (November 7) speaking through an interpreter via videolink for the short hearing.
Both the prosecution and defence agreed the case would be ready for trial on December 2.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
The trial is expected to last for two weeks.