Train guard assaulted
- Credit: Archant
Train services have been cancelled after a guard was assaulted.
The assault happened at Great Yarmouth station today (Friday February, 21).
Officers were called to the station shortly after 4pm after receiving reports a train guard had been assaulted.
Norfolk police said there were no serious injuries.
Enquiries into the assault are currently on-going.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the assault is linked to two Greater Anglia train cancellations.
On Twitter Greater Anglia said the cancellations were due to "passengers causing a disturbance on a train earlier today."
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Both the 7.17pm Great Yarmouth to Norwich and the 6.40pm have been cancelled.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or with any information can contact the British Transport Police by texting 61016 and quoting reference 390 of 21/02/20.