Police await toxicology results over church death
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the death of a man found with head injuries in the grounds of Diss church are awaiting the results of tests.
The man, said to be in his 40s, was found by workers cutting the grass in St Mary's Church graveyard at shortly before 9am on April 30.
The church in the centre of the town remained taped off and a police cordon in place for almost 48 hours, while officers began a probe into the circumstances surrounding the death.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the investigation remains ongoing, with officers waiting for the outcome of toxicology tests which may take some weeks.
The results of an initial Home Office post-mortem examination proved inconclusive. But while the death remains unexplained, police do not believe there was any third party involvement.
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone who may have been in the area of the church yard between Sunday, April 28 and Tuesday, April 30 and may have information which could help officers establish the circumstances leading up to the man's death should contact Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage