Topless drunk 'idiot' caught running into traffic
- Credit: Archant
A drunk man who was caught running into traffic while topless has apologised “for being an idiot”.
Police received multiple calls from members of the public to reports of a topless man who was drunk and “running into traffic” in the city.
Norwich Magistrates Court heard officers found Ryan Carlin, 31, in the middle of the road in Goldwell Road, Norwich, on December 5 last year with no clothes on his top half.
Robyn Khan, prosecuting said Carlin had “slurred speech” and “smelt of alcohol”.
Carlin, of Kensington Place, Norwich, appeared in court on Friday, February 12 when he admitted being drunk and disorderly in a public place.
Representing himself, Carlin said: "I’m just sorry for being an idiot.
“I lost my job a couple of days prior to what happened and that was probably part of it”.
- 1 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 4 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 9 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 10 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
He was fined £80, ordered to pay £50 costs and a £34 victim surcharge.