Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a toddler on Norwich-bound train
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a toddler on train on the way to Norwich.
The 44-year-old man from Luton is alleged to have approached a mum and her two young children. He then inappropriately touched the youngest child, a girl.
The incident happened on a train approaching Norwich between 7pm and 7.30pm on Friday May 24.
He was arrested at Norwich station and interviewed. He has since been released under investigation while officers gather further information.
Detective Inspector Darren Bates of the British Transport Police said: "Clearly this is a very serious allegation; we are committed to investigating all lines of enquiry and would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident.
You may also want to watch:
"We would especially like to speak to two women who witnessed the offence and assisted the mum. They left the train at Norwich; their accounts could contain vital information."
Any witnesses can contact BTP by texting 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference 563 of 24/05/19.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.