Three Norwich City fans arrested for pitch encroachment following Premier League promotion
- Credit: Alan Stanford/Focus Images Ltd
Three Norwich City fans remain in police custody after invading the pitch after the club's promotion to the Premier League.
But police have praised the behaviour of fans celebrating the club's achievement following the game.
Ahead of the final whistle, Norwich City fans were urged to remain in their seats and warned that supporters would risk police action should they encroach on the pitch.
All but three supporters heeded the advice, instead soaking up the atmosphere from the stands.
However, the three that did rush onto the field were arrested by Norfolk Constabulary and remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Duty inspector John Colbert said: 'People were naturally in very high spirits after the game but there were no significant issues.'
Another officer wrote on Twitter: 'A big thank you to Norwich and Blackburn fans for really good natured support.'
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day