Three men sentenced to 20 years in prison for beating man for two days in Thetford home

PUBLISHED: 08:20 03 September 2015 | UPDATED: 17:23 04 September 2015

Michael Stone, Jamie Blake and Stephen Holden. Pictures submitted by Norfolk police.

Michael Stone, Jamie Blake and Stephen Holden. Pictures submitted by Norfolk police.


Three men have been jailed for a total of 20 years after a man was systematically beaten over more than two days over a drugs debt.

David Dixey, 44, was attacked with a baseball bat, told his ear would be cut off, that it was not hard to kill someone and get rid of the evidence and that his daughter would be raped and his mother killed during a terrifying two and a half day ordeal in April.

Mr Dixey suffered a subdural haematoma, or bleed in the skull vault, and extensive cuts and bruises during the incident which came to an end on April 8 after he fled his captors.

Norwich Crown Court heard yesterday that Mr Dixey, who initially did not co-operate with police stating he was not “a grass”, “considers himself very lucky he didn’t die” with his victim personal statement also stating that he was now scared of being alone.

Judge Stephen Holt sentenced Michael Stone, 23, to seven and a half years in prison and Jamie Blake, 22, to six and a half years after they admitted false imprisonment and ABH. A third man, Stephen Holden, 48, was jailed for six years after he admitted the same offences.

Mr Dixey had been staying at the home of Holden in Stearne Close, Thetford and was supplied heroin and crack cocaine “on tick” by Stone, who was also staying there.

Mr Dixey owed Stone £300 and was going to pay with his benefits but had planned to visit his terminally ill mother.

Stone, who thought the victim was going to renege on his debt, was “extremely angry” and assaulted him with a baseball bat.

He also said he was going to call Blake who would do anything he told him to do, including “stab” the victim.

Blake did turn up, on the promise of drugs from Stone, and at one point a threat was made to cut off Mr Dixey’s ear.

Dixey was subjected to systematic beatings and put on plastic sheeting to avoid blood spilling on the floor.

Danielle O’Donovan, mitigating for Stone, of Heron Avenue, Brandon, said that “he simply doesn’t know what happened on this occasion” apart from it was “way beyond” what was envisaged.

Laura Kenyon, for Blake, of St Edmunds Court, Thetford, said the offence marked an “escalation” in his offending behaviour and was something of a “wake up call”.

Richard Potts, for Holden, of Stearne Close, Thetford, said his role was of a “relatively limited nature” and that he was a victim of his own doing in terms of his addiction to drink and drugs.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists