Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- Credit: Submitted
A man in his 50s was airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after a fight near a pub.
Officers were called to Station Road, close to the Suffield Arms in Thorpe Market, shortly before 6pm on Friday (September 17) following reports of an altercation involving two men.
A man aged in his 50s sustained serious head injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by air ambulance. He remains in hospital.
A man aged in his 40s was arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault and taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning. He remains in custody.
A police cordon at the scene, on Station Road in Thorpe Market, has now been removed. Officers are continuing with their enquiries.
Any witnesses to the altercation or anyone with information, video or dashcam footage of the incident are asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting incident number 355 of Friday, September 17. Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon