Teen arrested as stash of stolen cycles found in house
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police are searching for the owners of four suspected stolen bikes that were found in a house.
The bikes were recovered from a home in Thetford on Monday, November 1, and officers believe they may have been stolen from the area.
A teenage boy was arrested in connection with the theft of the bicycles and has been bailed until November 22.
It comes after a number of thefts have been reported in recent months and police are reminding people to think about the steps they can take to make sure their bikes are secure.
Cyclists are being encouraged not to leave bikes in isolated or dimly-lit places and, where possible, do not to lock them up in the same place on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
Police also advise using locks through an immovable object, to use a proper bike rack, ground anchor or robust steel furniture.
If anyone recognises a bike, contact Acting Sgt Dan Shelley at Thetford Police Station on 101.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show