Teen arrested as stash of stolen cycles found in house
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police are searching for the owners of four suspected stolen bikes that were found in a house.
The bikes were recovered from a home in Thetford on Monday, November 1, and officers believe they may have been stolen from the area.
A teenage boy was arrested in connection with the theft of the bicycles and has been bailed until November 22.
It comes after a number of thefts have been reported in recent months and police are reminding people to think about the steps they can take to make sure their bikes are secure.
Cyclists are being encouraged not to leave bikes in isolated or dimly-lit places and, where possible, do not to lock them up in the same place on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
Police also advise using locks through an immovable object, to use a proper bike rack, ground anchor or robust steel furniture.
If anyone recognises a bike, contact Acting Sgt Dan Shelley at Thetford Police Station on 101.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown