Man caught producing cannabis is jailed
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A man caught producing cannabis by police has been jailed for two years.
Remigijus Ruzgus, 44, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court for sentence on Thursday having previously pleaded guilty to producing a controlled drug of class B at an earlier hearing.
It was the third attempt to sentence Ruzgus, of Carraway Road, Thetford, after two previous hearings had been adjourned.
He first appeared for sentence on November 17, but that hearing was adjourned to allow Ruzgus to seek legal representation.
Then on December 2, Recorder Graham Huston adjourned the hearing to allow a probation report to be prepared on Ruzgus.
Judge David Pugh, who previously warned Ruzgus that he was facing immediate imprisonment at the November hearing, jailed him for two years.
Ruzgus, who does not speak English and was aided by a Russian interpreter, was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk