Teens arrested in connection with Yarmouth stabbing released on bail
- Credit: Liz Coates
Two teenagers arrested in connection with a stabbing in a Great Yarmouth park have been released on police bail.
Officers were called to St George's Park, off Trafalgar Road, at around 7.20pm on Sunday October 10 following reports a man had been attacked.
The victim was with two other men in the park when they were approached by teenagers who demanded their bikes before attacking the victim.
The suspects stole two bikes before leaving the scene.
The victim, aged 18, suffered serious head and back injuries and was taken to hospital. He is currently in a stable condition.
Armed officers were deployed to the scene and enquiries led police to arrest two boys, aged 15 and 16, in nearby Crown Road and St Peters Road on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
They were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning and have now been released on police bail while enquiries continue.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Great Yarmouth CID on 101 quoting incident number 356 of 10 October 2021.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/.