Trio of teenagers charged with bike thefts
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers arrested in connection with a series of bike thefts have been charged.
It comes after police searched a house in Thetford last month, when they recovered four stolen bikes.
A teenage boy was arrested at the time and subsequently released on bail while further enquiries were made.
Two further arrests were made as the investigation continued and three teenagers, aged 14, 15 and 16, have now been charged with theft offences.
The 14-year-old boy is accused on four counts of theft between September 17 and October 6, all of which relate to incidents in Thetford.
The 15-year-old is accused of stealing bikes in Thetford and Attleborough, on September 17 and 22 respectively.
And the oldest boy is accused of three counts of theft in Thetford on October 6.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
The trio, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been released on bail and will appear at Norwich Youth Court on Thursday, January 28, 2021.