Man charged after teenager dies following assault in Norfolk street
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged after a teenager who was attacked during an assault in King's Lynn at the weekend has died.
Police were called to Saddlebow Road in the early hours of Sunday morning (July 7) at about 3.30am following reports a teenager had been assaulted.
The 17-year-old was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with life-threatening head injuries.
He was pronounced dead earlier on Tuesday (July 9).
You may also want to watch:
Liam Russell, 31, of Metcalf Avenue, Lynn, has been charged with assault occasionaing grievous bodily harm and remanded in police custody to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning (July 10).
The current charge will be subject to review pending the results of a Home Office post mortem examination which will be held in due course.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
A 30-year-old woman arrested in connection with the incident has been released on bail while enquiries continue.
The victim's family are being supported by specially trained officers and a Home Office post mortem will be held in due course.
They have asked for privacy at this difficult time.