Teenager arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill
A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill, affray and possession of a knife after an incident in Dereham.
Police were called to Shipdham Road in Toftwood just after 11.30pm on Monday night (August 19) following reports a man had been threatened by someone armed with a knife.
About an hour later officers arrested a 19-year-old man on Middlemarch Road on suspicion of making threats to kill, affray and possession of a knife.
They also seized a knife.
People living in the area reported seeing four police cars and a van on Middlemarch Road and hearing loud shouting and swearing for several minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident the 19-year-old was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
No one was injured in the incident and police enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 7 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 10 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder