Teenager arrested after 88-year-old woman mugged in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after an 88-year-old woman was mugged in a Norwich street.
The woman, and her 84-year-old friend, were walking back to their care home, through an alley, which leads to Golden Dog Lane, when they were attacked.
It happened at about 6pm on Monday, November 12, when a man grabbed her handbag, containing her purse. The woman tried to hang on to her bag and hit the man with her walking stick, but was knocked to the ground.
The man then fled via Colegate car park.
Last week, the victim, who did not want to be named, said she was determined not to let it stop her from going out.
You may also want to watch:
'I won't let that beat me,' she said. 'I have got to this age, they can't stop me now. 'I am angry, it's a good thing it wasn't one of those frail old people but I was livid.'
Norfolk police said they had now arrested a man, in his late teens, on suspicion of robbery and theft. He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre, where he remains in custody for questioning.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers