Teenage girl arrested following arson attack on children’s play equipment
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl has been arrested after children's play equipment were set on fire at a park.
Officers were called to reports of play equipment on the memorial playing field, in The Footpath, Poringland, had been set alight at 4.20pm on Bank Holiday Monday.
The arson caused extensive damage to a climbing frame and slide with the entire park being closed due to concerns over health and safety.
A Norfolk police spokesman said a teenage girls has been arrested on Tuesday morning in connection with the incident and has been taken into police custody for questioning.
Fire crews from Earlham and Long Stratton were called to the scene at just after 4pm to extinguish the play equipment on fire.
South Norfolk police posted a picture of the charred remains on Twitter and condemned the attack, stating it was a devastating blow to the community.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday evening, South Norfolk police tweeted: "We're investigating an arson this evening at the children's play area on The Footpath in #Poringland this is devastating for the local community who worked hard to provide this and for the children at half term."
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse