Gang of youths rip windscreen wipers off cars in vandalism spree
- Credit: Archant
A gang of teenagers ripped windscreen wipers from cars in a spate of vandalism in a Norfolk town.
A group of up to seven people, all believed to be under the age of 18, damaged up to three cars in Magdalen Street, Thetford.
Norfolk Police were called to the scene at around 8pm on Sunday, December 30, and said a number of cars were damaged.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to come forward with information about the incident.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: 'We were called at 8pm to reports of a group of up to seven youths causing criminal damage to cars, namely taking off windscreen wipers.
You may also want to watch:
'Up to three cars were damaged, and follow up enquiries are going to be made.'
'Anyone who witnessed the criminal damage or who has information about the incident should contact Norfolk Police on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 6 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque