Teenager knocked off his bike and assaulted during attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing in connection with an attempted robbery, after a teenager was pushed off his bicycle and assaulted.
The teenage boy was cycling with a friend along Millennium Way in Lowestoft about 6.30pm on Wednesday, April 24 when he was approached by a man who knocked him off his bike.
The teenager was assaulted as the attacker attempted to steal his bag. However, members of the public intervened and the attacker ran off empty-handed.
Police are keen to trace a man described as white, about 5ft 9in tall, with short ginger hair.
He was wearing a black Superdry jacket and black tracksuit bottoms and was described as being in his 30s.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that he may have ran off in the direction of Elizabeth Close.
With witnesses sought in connection with the incident, a police spokesman said: "It is a case of inquiries continue at this stage."
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
Information should be directed to East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101, quoting CAD 316 of April 24.