Teen climate protester appears in court after days up crane in city
- Credit: Archant
A teenage climate change protester has appeared in court after spending more than two days up a 100ft crane in Norwich.
The 17-year-old, who can not be named for legal reasons, scaled the large structure on Duke Street, Norwich, at about 6.40am on Saturday, November 7.
Several police officers and firefighters remained at the scene until he eventually climbed down at around noon on Monday, November 10.
The teenager appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Tuesday (November 10) having been charged with criminal damage, displaying a sign to cause alarm or distress and obstructing a police officer.
No pleas were entered as the case has to be sent to Norwich Youth Court and will be heard on November 26.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster was granted bail with conditions, including not to return to the site on Duke Street and having to observe an electronically monitored curfew between 7pm and 7am.
- 1 Cliff fall man arrested on suspicion of woman's murder
- 2 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Local pub splashes back into action
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 8 Customers 'overjoyed' by new rural shop
- 9 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 10 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast