Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- Credit: NS Police Dogs Twitter
A man who was arrested after allegedly fleeing the scene of a crash was found to be almost four times the legal drink drive limit.
Charles Connolly, 19, of Dunston Drive in Oulton Broad, Lowestoft was arrested following a late night crash on a village road.
Police were called at 8.30pm on Friday, April 9 following reports a car had crashed into a wall on The Street in Somerleyton.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team and the Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit responded.
The dog unit said Pd Harry tracked the driver into a field and he was soon found "hidden in brambles in the bottom of a ditch."
A police spokesman said: "The driver of a Ford Fiesta car involved in the collision left the scene but was located and arrested a short time later.
"He was subsequently charged with drink driving."
Connolly is due to appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates’ Court on April 28 after he provided a breath reading of 135ugs in custody. The legal limit is 35mcg.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre