Swaffham man accused of sexually assaulting schoolgirl
- Credit: Archant
A former Suffolk man sexually assaulted a schoolgirl while playing a naked wrestling game with her on a bed, it has been alleged.
Lawrence Green, who is now 66, called what they were doing the “jelly bean or jelly baby game”, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Isobel Ascherson, prosecuting, said that once the girl, who was primary school age, and Green were naked they had “tumbled over each other” on a bed.
“She didn’t think there was anything wrong with it and thought it was fun,” said Miss Ascherson.
The court heard of other occasions, in a hot tub and in a tent in which Green allegedly carried out sexual assaults.
Green, of Spinners Lane, Swaffham, has denied six offences of sexually assaulting a girl under 13 dating back to when she was as young as five.
The court heard that the alleged victim hadn’t told anyone about what Green had allegedly done to her at the time and had contacted the police in 2017.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
Green was arrested and during police interviews he denied sexually assaulting the alleged victim.
He described the girl as “malicious and unpleasant” and accused her of lying.
The trial continues.