Suspected drink driver rushed to hospital after crashing into tree
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drink driver was taken to hospital after crashing into a tree this morning.
Suffolk Police were called to Blackheath Road, in Lowestoft, shortly after 9.50am on Wednesday, May 15 after reports of a Ford Focus leaving the road and colliding with a tree.
An ambulance was called and the driver was taken to hospital.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 9.47am with reports of a collision in Blackheath Road, Lowestoft.
"We sent one ambulance and took one woman to the James Paget Hospital for further treatment."
You may also want to watch:
The Ford Focus remains on the scene, near to the junction with Green Drive, but is not obstructing the road.
Suffolk Police confirm a person was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 10 Motorists have fines and points cancelled over £2m speed cameras blunder
No other vehicles were involved in the collision.