Suspected drink driver arrested after police chase
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A suspected drink driver who tried to run off after he was stopped by police found himself spending the night in the cells - after officers chased him and arrested him.
Great Yarmouth police said the driver had attempted to flee after they stopped his vehicle in the town during the early hours.
They tweeted that officers were quicker and the man had been detained.
They said he smelt of alcohol and failed to take a breath test, so police arrested him for that - and for driving while disqualified.
'A night in our cells for him,' they added.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle, a Kia Rio, was stopped in Middlegate at 1am on Saturday, January 26.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'