Man arrested over city centre brawl that left 21-year-old needing ear surgery
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A man has been arrested following a city centre brawl which left a 21-year-old needing ear surgery.
The fight broke out between a group of 10 men and women, believed to be in their early 20s, and a smaller group of young men in Bedford Street at 10pm on Saturday, October 3.
Police were called as the incident moved from Bedford Street to London Street.
The victim was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after suffering “significant injuries” to his ear, which later required surgery.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said a man in his 20s, from Norwich, was arrested on October 15 in connection with the assault.
He has been bailed to appear at Aylsham Police Investigation Centre on November 11 while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Norwich CID on 101.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary