Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have warned drivers to make sure their cars are locked after a spate of vehicle break-ins in Beccles.
Three cars parked in Forbes Drive, Beccles, were entered "during the hours of darkness" into Tuesday, December 1, a spokesperson for Suffolk Police said.
The spokesperson said: "An insecure Audi parked on the driveway was entered.
"The vehicle owner was awoken by hearing voices and the car alarm going off. On checking the car, the door was found to be open.
"Another resident saw three male youths attempting to gain entry to a VW. The youths have opened the vehicle door, but have run away when confronted.
You may also want to watch:
"Entry was gained to a Vauxhall parked on a driveway via a door which has caused the alarm to sound."
Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/69779/20.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.