Man, 48, handed suspended sentence for child abuse images
- Credit: IAN BURT
A man who downloaded child abuse images has been handed a suspended prison sentence.
Trevor Collett, of Orchard Green in Beccles, appeared before Ipswich Crown Court last Friday (November 23).
The 48-year-old admitted to making and possessing indecent images of children as well as possessing extreme pornographic images and movies.
Officers raided his home in November, 2017 and seized various computer items, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Collett was given a 10-month prison sentence, which was suspended for two years.
He was also handed 80 hours unpaid work and a 30-day rehabilitation requirement.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
Collett was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered to sign the sex offenders register for 10 years.