Lock stolen after latest in string of burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police have urged householders to secure sheds, garages and outbuildings following a spate of burglaries.
The warning comes after a shed at a home on Conrad Road, Lowestoft was broken into overnight, but it appears that only the lock was stolen.
A police spokesman said the break-in happened sometime overnight between Sunday and Monday, April 12-13.
“Entry was gained after a lock was forced off and taken, however it appears that nothing was taken from inside the shed,” the spokesman said.
With officers “urging residents to review the security of their sheds, garages as outbuildings,” it comes after two mountain bikes were stolen from a shed at a home on Park Road, Lowestoft between midnight and 6am on Monday.
There have also been a spate of similar burglaries in Suffolk over recent weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Information to Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/21076/20.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown