House keys stolen in spate of burglaries
- Credit: Archant
House keys were among the items stolen by burglars in a spate of break-ins in a Norfolk town.
Between Tuesday and Thursday, addresses in the Cobholm area of Great Yarmouth were targeted.
On Tuesday, October 20, just before 5.30am, a set of keys was stolen from on Suffolk Road - with the victim’s car found further down the road shortly after the burglary.
Also on Tuesday, a house on Apsley Road was burgled and a parking permit taken.
On Thursday, October 22, at 1.10am, the front door of a house on Coronation Road was opened by a suspect or suspects - and the front door key stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Police are encouraging residents to make sure their homes are secure before they go to bed.
Supt Mike Britton esaid: “The ‘9pm routine’ involves a simple check of the home at 9pm every day, to make it harder for criminals to successfully carry out their crimes.”
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 9 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
Anyone with information about these burglaries should call Norfolk Constabulary on 101.