Community tip-off to police sees Norwich man jailed for supplying drugs
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A Norwich man has been jailed for three years for supplying Class A drugs in the city.
Sonny Morley, 33, of Billing Close, appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing to being concerned in the supply of cocaine and MDMA and possession of cocaine, MDMA and amphetamine.
The court heard how officers from the Norwich Neighbourhood Policing Team raided a property in Billing Close on December 21, 2017, and discovered the Class A drugs, cash and mobile phones.
Morley was sentenced to three years in prison.
Sergeant Tony Lester said: "This case highlights the importance of local communities providing us with information about local people involved in illegal drug activity.
You may also want to watch:
"Residents can be reassured that we do act upon their concerns and those breaking the law that we will be dealt with robustly."
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'