Norwich man appears in court charged with assaulting female police officer
A man has appeared in court charged with assaulting a female police officer, who suffered a fractured eye socket and broken nose.
Shannon Lovelock, 34, of Barnards Yard, Norwich, has been charged with grievous bodily harm with intent to resist arrest, actual bodily harm and assaulting an emergency worker.
The officer was assaulted during an incident on King Street, Norwich, at about 12.20am on Saturday, March 18.
Lovelock appeared at Norwich Crown Court over a video link from Norwich prison.
No pleas were taken on the charges during the short hearing.
You may also want to watch:
A provisional trial date has been set for October 23. and the case is expected to last three days
Kevin Eastwick appeared for the prosecution and Ian James for Lovelock,
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
Judge Anthony Bate adjourned the case and remanded Lovelock in custody