Crack cocaine and cannabis seized as police raid homes
- Credit: Archant
Drugs and pepper spray were seized when police raided three homes in Norwich.
Officers from the Norwich North safer neighbourhood team executed a drugs warrant at a home in Saffron Square, in Catton Grove, at 9.30am on Tuesday (June 2) morning.
Norfolk police said a quantity of cannabis was found inside. Two people were interviewed at the scene by officers and enquiries are ongoing.
As a result of information obtained during that raid, officers searched a second property in Vale Green, Mile Cross, where a quantity of crack cocaine, worth about £1,300 was discovered.
A woman was arrested at the scene on suspicion of possession with intent to supply and taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Officers searched the woman’s home address in Waterman Road, near Guardian Road, where a pepper spray was seized.
Police had initially tweeted that a firearm had been seized. However, that was not a gun, but the pepper spray, which comes under firearms legislation.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 5 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 8 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 9 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 10 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
Jane Mason, 51, of Waterman Road, Norwich, was later charged with possession with intent to supply a Class A drug (crack cocaine) and possession of a noxious liquid, namely pepper spray.
She was remanded in custody to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday, June 3.