Van driver punches man during road rage assault
- Credit: Archant
A man was punched in the face after trouble flared following a road rage incident.
Police are appealing for help to trace a man they want to speak to in connection with the assault and road rage incident in Oulton Broad, near Lowestoft.
It happened about noon last Thursday, August 27 on the B1375 Gorleston Road.
A police spokesman said: “The vehicles were approaching the swing bridge over the river.
“The offender was driving a Ford Transit flatbed and cut the victim up, forcing him into the kerb.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicles travelled across the rail bridge and turned left into Gorleston Road towards Somerleyton.
“The male offender stopped his van, walked over to the victim, became verbally abusive and punched the victim on the side of the face through an open window.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 5 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 8 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 9 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 10 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
“The offender then returned to his van and drove off.”
The man police are keen to trace is white, in his 50s, about 5ft 11in tall, well-built and wearing builders’ clothes.
Witnesses should call Lowestoft police, quoting crime reference 37/50077/20, on 101 or email Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org