Man accused of Halloween sex assault on six-year-old girl
- Credit: Archant
A man has gone on trial at Norwich Crown Court accused of a sex assault on a six-year-old girl at a Halloween event.
Richard Biffen, 38, of Church Road, Reepham, has denied a charge of sex assault on the girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
Wayne Cleaver, prosecuting, said that Biffen, who was helping at a Halloween event, put his hand down the girl's leggings after placing his hand under a blanket, which was covering her.
Mr Cleaver said the alleged incident lasted no more than a moment but said: 'He had no business to place his hand under the blanket.'
Mr Cleaver said that police were contacted after the girl told her family about the alleged sex assault.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cleaver in his opening to the jury said when arrested Biffen denied the offence and told police that the incident did not happen and said there had been no touching or contact with the girl.
The trial continues.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 7 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told