Cyclist sought following racially aggravated incident
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses are being sought after a man shouted a racially abusive comment at a woman.
Police are investigating following the racially aggravated incident which happened around 2.30pm on Thursday, June 18 in Rotterdam Road, Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said: “The victim, a woman aged in her 40s, was walking down the road when an unknown male approached her on his bike and shouted a racially abusive comment at her before cycling away in the direction of Marham Road.”
The male suspect is white, in his late 30s to early 40s and of slim build.
He was wearing a dark blue waterproof sports coat with white writing, knee length grey shorts, trainers, a black beanie hat with white on the front and a blue surgical mask.
You may also want to watch:
He was also riding a BMX-style bike, which had a black frame with bright orange handle bars.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or saw any suspicious behaviour in the area at the time should contact Lowestoft police, quoting crime number 37/33912/20, on 101 or email Jessie.HODDS2@suffolk.pnn.police.uk
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died