Shoppers warned following spate of purse thefts in town centre
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Shoppers are being urged to remain vigilant following a spate of purse thefts.
Police are seeking witnesses following reports of purse thefts in and around shops in London Road North, Lowestoft.
The thefts happened in Lowestoft town centre this week - and officers are urging shoppers to keep their purses and wallets safe while out and about.
A police spokesman said: "Suffolk Police has received reports of purse thefts in Lowestoft town centre this week, so please pass this message on to family and friends to stay vigilant and report any suspicious activity."
Issuing a number of ways people can reduce their chances of becoming a victim, they urged shoppers to consider the following:
You may also want to watch:
? Do not to leave handbags/bags containing valuables unattended.
? Consider how much cash you need with you and only carry what you need.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community
? Make sure your bag is done up when not in use.
? Consider the use of purse bells or purse chains.
? Report any suspicious behaviour.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting reference SC-22102019-131.